Grand Isle Ladies Fishing Rodeo. A Great Party for a Great Cause!
Tickets and Information
RODEO TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED
from Bridge Side Marina, at the Grand Isle Visitor Center or on our registration hub page.
RODEO DATE: October 9 & 10, 2020
The 14th Annual Grand Isle Ladies Rodeo will be held on
Columbus Day Weekend October 9th and 10th, 2020
The entry fee of $ 20.00 includes a rodeo hat and/or visor, rodeo ticket, entry for door prizes, reception, dinner and dance on Saturday night. Tickets are available at Bridgeside Marina and at the Tourist Center, located at the Grand Isle Port Commission office next to the Butterfly Dome. Fish weigh in will be held both Friday and Saturday nights.
The 2019 event produced winning fish, very happy anglers, and a $ 7,000 donation to the American Cancer Society's Patrick Taylor Hope Lodge in New Orleans, Mary Bird Perkins
Cancer Center at TGMC, Thibodeaux Regional Cancer Center, and the “Wig Room” at the Lady of the Sea General Hospital located in Galliano. The rodeo’s goal to raise awareness and support for breast cancer was achieved.
This year’s rodeo will again support the Wig Room at the Lady of the Sea Hospital, The Hope Lodge in New Orleans, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at TGMC in Houma and Thibodaux Regional Cancer Center. Our goal is to promote Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention with another donation.
The Grand Isle Ladies Fishing Rodeo Committee is encouraging team fishing, so get a group of friends together to “fish the ditches” or charter a boat to fish. Design a team shirt or decorate the official rodeo hat and win the special “Fishing Fashion Award” as a team. To be eligible for the award register your team name and members at the Rodeo ticket booth during the rodeo or at the Tourist Center prior to the rodeo. Winners must be present and wearing the team costume, shirt or decorated rodeo cap Saturday night.
Good fishing, good friends, good fun!
The Grand Isle Ladies Fishing Rodeo is a project of the Grand Isle Community Development Team, Inc. a 501 c 3 not for profit group of proactive community based volunteers, all donations are tax deductible to the extent of the law.
1. Tickets must be purchased prior to rodeo participation. Only Ladies/Girls may weigh in fish. Each Ticket may weigh in one fish per category per day.
2. All fish categories will be determined by weight in lbs. to the nearest 100th. In event of tie,
first fish weighed wins.
3. All decisions of Weigh Master are final
4. All fish must be taken on hook and line. Mutilated, frozen, shot or otherwise unsportsmanlike catches will not be accepted for competition.
5. Prior to weighing in a fish, participant must present rodeo ticket with complete name written on the ticket to weigh master.
6. A participant must abide by LDWF fishing regulations relating to size and bag limits.
7. The female angler with the most weight in fish on the leaderboard will determine the Fisherette.
Mary Bird Perkins at TGMC
Hope Lodge, New Orleans
Thibodaux Regional Cancer Center
OLOS Wig Room
FOR A GREAT CAUSE
Benefiting Mary Bird Perkins at TGMC, Thibodaeux Regional Cancer Center, Lady of the Sea General Hospital & The Hope Lodge in New Orleans,
Fishing Awards, Fishing Fashion Awards, Group Costume Award, Live Auctions & Raffles.
Live Band and Food.
Columbus Day Weekend Bridge Side Marina Tickets $ 20.00